Ra1nstorm Jailbreak is the latest checkra1n jailbreak tool developed by checkm8 team. Ra1nstorm Jailbreak is ultimately for Windows and Linux users.
What rainstorm jailbreak actually do?
Ra1nstorm jailbreak actually creates a macOS virtual environment inside Linux and Windows operating systems. So after building the tool, the whole process runs in that virtual Mac environment.
This has to be done in this way because Checkra1n jailbreak still works on macOS only. So now both Linux and Windows OS are supported by checkra1n with this ra1nstorm helper technique.
Current version of ra1nstorm jailbreak
Currently, ra1nstorm jailbreak is still in beta stages and in 0.9.2b.
Credits for ra1nstorm jailbreak
@realra1nstorm is the developer for this ra1instom part.
How to run ra1nstorm for Windows
- use the “setup.exe” that prepares a Linux environment.
- Once Xubuntu is installed using setup.exe, you (After the installation,) run boot on BIOS. Enter the computer BIOS (probably F12 on boot) For your computer, look into your computer’s manual on how to boot using BIOS.
- In BIOS, disable SECURE BOOT, enable VT-D and VT-X if shown on your BIOS. Note: if it isn’t shown, it’s already enabled.
- Restart your computer and boot in Xubuntu. (Note: look into your computer’s owners manual in how to boot into another OS)
- Set up Xubuntu, and now you have Xubuntu. (Linux running on windows).
How to enable VT-d
- Enter the computer BIOS (probably F12 on boot)
- Navigate to an “Advanced” tab
- Select the “VT-d” or similar option
- Enable it
How to run ra1nstorm jailbreak for Ubuntu
run “ra1nstorm.run” file using bash.
“sudo bash ralnstorm.run“
Full step guide to run checkra1n jailbreak using ra1nstorm jailbreak
After these initial process builds,
- A screen will pop up, that’ll be your instruction screen. (Note: FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS on the screen. Some downloads make take some time depending on your internet connection. Be patient)
- Once see the KVM screen, you will be met with CLover Boot on the screen, with your keyboard, select macOS Installer. It will boot into the installer.
- Once you’re in the macOS installer, on the instruction screen, follow the instructions.
- Once the macOS installation finishes, Plug in your iPhone and disconnect all other USBs except the iPhone.
- Follow the last step on your Instruction screen. (Note: This is very important, follow the instructions)
- Set up the Mac.
- Once finished finish the instruction screen and reboot your computer.
- Boot back into Xubuntu.
- Plug your iPhone then,
- sudo bash (and then drag a file on your desktop named ” BootVM sh ” in terminal)
- You will now go in the KVM screen
- Log in as normal.
- Download Checkra1n and open it.
- Now click the Start button and then click Next .
- put your iPhone / iPad into DFU mode
- your device will restart after the process has been completed.
- Now you can see the Checkra1n app on your device’s home screen.
- Run checkra1n app and install Cydia. After installing Cydia your device will restart and then you can see the Cydia icon on your device’s home screen.
This is the full step guide of installing checkra1n using Windows or Ubuntu.
But before all these activities, do not forget to have a backup since the tools are still in beta stages and with Non-warranty.